Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Help Roy Orbison Get On a Stamp

Some time ago, probably while looking for a Roy Orbison tshirt or something, I came accross a petition to put Mr. Orbison on a postage stamp.
I was horrified..... out of all these schmucks (and I'm thinking of Elvis here, not Martin Luther King who I would NEVER call a schmuck, you see what I'm saying) to get on a postage stamp, they passed over Roy?? How can this be? Didn't Chuck Berry get a stamp? Didn't he get busted for taking an underage girl over state lines? What the hell?? Besides being the most effectual hangover treatment I personally have found, Roy also seemed like a good guy. Well, good enough for Johnny Cash to say some awful sweet things about in his autobiography, and well, if that isn't a winning endorsement, what is?
Roy was cool. Roy was beautiful. All those things the boys and girls say about Jeff Buckley? Yeah. Go to Roy. But first, go here and sign the petition to put him on a US postage stamp. We all know it's the right thing to do.

Anyways, hopefully more later. From me, I mean.

buckridge

2 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger UltiMETFan1969 said...

Roy was THE best singer ever! I have about 30 of his CDs...an opera-like voice..and, a genuinely good man.

*Also, if you are reading this and like baseball, check out my site too!* http://ultimetfan1969.blogspot.com/

 
At 2:44 AM, Blogger Ne'er Do Evers said...

well, shit yeah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home